Machine Access System
Most machines in the MakerSpace are controlled by a digital machine access system which will only allow trained users to power up a machine before using it. Access to the machines is granted by an RFID card that is issued to users of the MakerSpace, as training is completed access to those machines is granted via the RFID card. Card scanners providing machine access can be located in each of the different "zones" of the MakerSpace
In order to gain control of a machine that a user is certified to use, they can simply hold their RFID card up to the scanner, then select "Search" on the screen. The system will search for the user's permissions and grant access to the machines. To allow power to a machine simply press the button under the machine that you want to use, then turn the machine on. After logging into the necessary machine(s), press the "Reset/Clear" button so that no one else can improperly log into a machine.
When the user is finished with the machine, they need to return to the screen, scan the RFID card again, and press the button to turn off access to the machine.
NOTE: Any user who logs into a machine is responsible for the use of that machine until they log out. It is extremely important to log out of a machine so that untrained users cannot accidentally power up the machine and cause an injury. Machine usage will be tracked via database, and if a machine is used improperly the user who was logged into it will the one held responsible.
NOTE: If the Machine Access System doesn't appear to be working, simply close the program and re-open it. It may take a few moments for the program to re-open and reset its connections.
To Use A Machine
- Step 1: Hold personal RFID card up to scanner.
- Step 2: After your card is read, press "Search" on the screen.
- Step 3: Choose the machine that you want to access.
- Step 4: Press "Reset/Clear" button to prevent others from using your login info.
- Step 5: Turn on power to the machine you selected.
After Using A Machine
- Step 1: Turn off power to the machine.
- Step 2: Scan your card and press "Search".
- Step 3: De-select the machine you were using.
- Step 4: Press "Reset/Clear" to log out.