Tormach CNC Lathe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Careful with chamfer operations as the tool will cut in a diagonal past the limits that you identify.
- Parting tool is .161" wide and the zero of the tool is on the right side
- Always reference the Z axis first.
- If the axis doesn't move when you attempt to ref X or Z after a restart, go to the settings tab and make sure that the "Disable reference switches" box is unchecked.
- Make sure the chuck key is never left in the spindle because it will go flying through the protective acryllic.
- Once you have put your stock in the spindle, give it a spin to make sure you have properly secured your workpiece.
- Use 1 and 1/8" hex to loosen quick change tool post holder.