Tormach CNC Milling Machine
|Required Badge||Required PPE|
Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) documents, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) information, and Operator's Manuals can be found in the Safety and Manuals section.
This machine is covered under the CNC training. Users who have not completed this training cannot use this machine.
- When facing with a superfly on aluminum, use 1500 RPM, 9% velocity slider (~10 ipm)
- When performing cuts on a thin sheet of aluminum, stabilize it on either side with 1-2-3 blocks. Also, to reduce chatter, face with an 1/2" endmill using 1500 RPM and 9% velocity slider (~10 ipm)
- When cutting a thin plate of aluminum stock, tools like the 1/2" and the shear hog will induce too much pressure and cause chatter. This can be prevented by performing your adaptive and contour operations with a small bit such as a 3/16".
- Always reference Z first
- Max grip on the vice is 5.3"
- If the safety enclosure is not properly closed, the spindle velocity will drop to 1000 RPM provided the machine is running.