FlexyDually Extruder TAZ 5
The LulzBot TAZ 5 with the FlexyDually extruder has the advantage that it is able to print two filaments at once: one being a standard, hard plastic filament, for example ABS or PLA, and the other a flexible filament, such as a dissolvable support material, like PVA, or a rubber-like flexible material, like NinjaFlex.
Printing with this printer should be considered more advanced, and for most prints, the additional features are likely unnecessary. Additional configuration is necessary in Cura in order to properly use this printer.
Note that g-code prepared for the Hexagon Extruder TAZ 5 will NOT behave the same on this printer. Prints will have to either be re-plated in Cura using the correct machine profile, or the g-code will have to be manually edited. Also note that the extruders on this printer have a maximum temperature of 240C, lower than the 300C maximum of the Hexagon Extruder TAZ 5.
Open the LulzBot version of Cura and follow the following steps:
- Click the "Machine" drop-down menu and select "Add New Machine".
- Select "LulzBot TAZ 4 or 5" and click next.
- Select "Modified LulzBot TAZ 4 or 5" and click next.
- Select "PEI" and click next.
- Select "v1 (Budaschnozzle)" and click next.
- Select "FlexyDually v1" and click next.
- Click "Skip upgrade" and "Yes" on the warning that pops up.
- Click "Finish".
Recommended Print Configurations
- 0.5mm nozzle (both extruders)
- 240C maximum extruder temperature (both extruders)
- 120C maximum bed temperature
- PEI print bed
- Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec
The bed leveling procedure is the same as on the Hexagon Extruder TAZ 5, with the exception that the leveling pattern has to be run for both extruders, and that different g-code files are required.
- Extruder 1 leveling pattern g-code: [FlexyDuallyE1BedLevel.gcode]
- Extruder 2 leveling pattern g-code: [FlexyDuallyE2BedLevel.gcode]