Scot Ackerman MakerSpace at Tulane University Wiki
A MakerSpace has been described as new amalgam of art, craft, and technology. Our goal is to serve all makers, and potential makers, in the Tulane Community. We do so by providing tools, assistance, and ideas. A discussion of the history and possible future of maker spaces can be found here
Do you want to get started, but don't know how? The Tulane IEEE Student Branch is hosting an open house in the Maker Space on Thursday February 11 at 5:00PM. There will be how-to demos to give you ideas.
- Hours, location, and contact information.
- A list of software programs that are available to students, with notes on their use.
- Links and information concerning the available rapid prototyping tools, including information on training and safety.
- Information and links to training documents concerning fixed (not handheld) power tools and processes.
- A list of handheld tools(including some handheld power tools) that Makers can expect to find in the workshops. The list is a general snapshot and will not be a detailed/comprehensive inventory.
- Information about suppliers and other online resources.
- Samples of projects and instructions for doing them yourself.
- Examples of projects built in the Tulane MakerSpace.
- Information on those involved in building, managing, and improving the Tulane MakerSpace.
- Methods for supporting the Tulane MakerSpace